Along with Baptism and Eucharist, Confirmation is a sacrament of Christian Initiation. Confirmation is a sealing of Baptism and the celebration of the coming of the Holy Spirit as a gift. The Confirmation program is a special time for the candidates to explore, deepen and strengthen their faith. The candidates are themselves choosing their Catholic faith as a way of life.
Our Parish Confirmation is a two-year program for our young people in seventh and eighth grade. The following are some criteria to help you determine whether your child should prepare for Confirmation:
- Willingness to participate in the preparation program at this time.
- Regular participation in Sunday Eucharist.
- Regular participation in Religious Education
- Willingness to pray, reflect on God's presence in his/her life.
- Willingness to serve those in need.
Our young people have been living and growing as baptized Catholics. At this time, the Catholic Community extends an invitation to take the next step in a wonderful journey of faith – the sacrament of Confirmation. Our program will provide materials that are filled with stories and questions, prayers, and activities, which ask the youth to be open to the Holy Spirit. Each gift of faith lesson helps face the everyday challenges on our faith journey.